Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Oodles of birthdays!

Hi there,

You know how in Confessions of a Shopaholic, Rebecca has that one credit card frozen into a block of ice? I really should do that too. And also delete the bank-app from phone and burn my account-codes. Granted, I don't have a credit card, it's just a debit one, but still! I lost all self-control lately! 

Yesterday I picked up a package from the post office containing 8 Ranger Dye Inks, a Wink of Stella (finally I remembered to buy it!), a clear embossing powder, a glow-in-the-dark e/p, a MFT  in&out stitched rounded square die-set, a couple of HotP small stamp sets and a pouch a white iridescent sequins that the shop-owner (the fantastic Heidi of Heidin Korttipaja) threw in as a surprise! Thank god the sweet Mister only shrugged and helped me unpack (no mention of my crazy shopping - phew!).. 

I have been playing quite a bit lately! Well, not too much playing around, but more goal-oriented playing, as in needed to make birthday cards for my son's cousins. And I also made cards for my in-laws to give to the birthday boy and girl, so double the fun, double the crafting!

Here's for the boy turning 8:



Stars from a Stephanie Barnard set for Sizzix, the one with cupcakes and balloons, the number 8 with Tim Holtz's word play die (also Sizzix), and letters from a Memorybox die set I bought barely used.


Same Stephanie Barnard dieset, the balloon used this time, and the same Memorybox letters. The string were just doodled.

And his sister turning 15:




This card includes my second ever colouring with Distress Markers - a fussy cut Gorjuss girl (on top of the world) and the Marianne Heart Border from last post. The tag is cut with a die from the BS+ Starter Pack, and numbers again with the word play -die. Numbers are popped up with some foam tape so they catch the easel part perfectly. Also behind the girl is a piece of acetate, with a couple of the hearts that cut out from the Heart Border glued on. And a few pink half-pearls scattered around too. 







The dies used for this one:
- Box die from Started pack
- Butterfly die from Started pack
- Scalloped strip die from Starter pack
- Spellbinders spiral flower dieset (medium and large rose)
- Sizzix (TH) Tiny tabs & tags die
- Memorybox alphabet

The stamp I used for the pink embossing on the black paper is from a swirly set by Artemio. And I added a few dew drops for good measure - mind you, the photographed REALLY green, in reality they were way more translucent and colourless. 

**

Now. For some reason this post is being a technical and layout-ish jerk, and I am very, very frustrated with Blogger right now. I just can't seem to make it work as it's supposed to. We'll just have to see how many times I will need to repost this, or whether it is only in the writing stage that it won't cooperate with me in the least. The pictures are all willy-nilly, there are huge gaps here that really shouldn't exist, but oh well. Maybe it might still work out well enough :P

I still have a lot of playing to do, some stamps to try out and display, I have a couple projects due - one to a 7-y.o boy in America, one for my parents to bring with them as a thank you to their friends with whom they are spending Midsummer (time to bring out the Art Impressions - yay!), and also to one of my BFFs, who just got married!

I am also about to go on a shopping strike. Which has basically already started, but I will still be receiving a few items. As I might've said already, I am ordering the Misti with a few crafting buddies - order went in on Sunday, so now it's just a waiting game. Also, I have ordered 2 stamp sets from Altenew through a Finnish shop-keeper (Vintage roses and I believe it was called Love Labels?), also I'm waiting on the TH/Sizzix spiral mini tattered florals thingy die. (Can you tell I can't remember the name of it?) These are sold out everywhere and so there's no knowing when they're arriving. I also asked a shopkeeper who makes custom stamps to make both a Finnish and Swedish "Happy Birthday" stamp that looks a bit like DYMO-ribbon - so that one I'm still waiting to see how and if it turns out. Other than that, I won't buy a thing - lol!

Happy crafting and tons of hugs,
Sofia



1 comment:

  1. Your two birthday cards and that box are just fantastic, Sofia!! You did a great job with your coloring with DI markers! And, goodness, you certainly have a lot of new goodies to play with and break in! Enjoy them all!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete