Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy Mail, Happy Summer

Hi all,

And sorry for being MIA! I did 2 weeks of subbing at a high school and was soooo beat each day that I truly couldn't even craft! *shock, horror* 

Being in such a loud place for many hours at a time can be really draining for an introvert like me, but I still love it! It only takes one teenager to say something nice, or to strike a conversation after class and you can go on for ages.. And being able to help someone, or being able to calm down a "rowdy" kid.. Sort of wishing I had gone for teaching instead of accounting now, lol!

Anyways - I have been playing!

I'm in the midst of making invitation cards to a confirmation, and because of some happy mail that I picked up yesterday, I decided to make a little surprise to the design! So I have been cutting these (and picking them clean, and cutting again)...:


I totally fell in love with these!

And most of you will probably guess what this fancy die means? Yes, I splurged, and got myself this:


It's the most amazing, most wonderful thing in the world - the Big Shot Plus Starter Pack! That box die? Was of course the first thing I tried, and even when cut out of the thinnish paper that came with the pack, it's quite sturdy! And so pretty, and super easy to assemble! This is going to be perfect for small gifts - can just stuff it with some candy to brighten someone's day!

And since I got the machine I had to add some new candy to the order, so I got some brushes, hook & loop stickers, that cute tea-cup border (I'm not sure yet, but I think there's a cute idea for a Get well-card in there somewhere?), and that Marianne heart e/f with a matching heart border die :D 

The sweet Marika (Käsitellen facebook-shop) also threw in that Marianne heart-balloon die - isn't it fabulous?

I also ordered me some fancy stamps as a pick me up earlier, will share those later!
Now I'd better get cracking on those invitations so my SiL can get them sent out asap :)

Hugs 'n Love,
Sofia

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you have a lot of new toys to play with and it's good to see you back! I'll bet the kids love you, Sofia, and for sure your SIL loves you for making the darling invites for the confirmation!! What die did you use to make the sweet flowers? It might be my old eyes, but I'm not seeing it in the photo. Was it part of the starter pack? Hugs, Darnell (darnell dot knauss at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you got your new toys. (Always brightens up my day! smile)
    I really, really, like my big shot. The poor thing has received so much love from me that it is starting to really show wear...but it still works...that's what counts. I use it almost every day, and I have had it for years. It's definitely one item in my craft room that I have never regret buying. Can't wait to see all the things you create.

    ReplyDelete